Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
Within the last few days both my wife and I have experienced some odd problems with iCloud mail. She's on an M1 iMac and an M3 MBA. I'm on an M2 MBA. All machines on 14.4.1.

• Sometimes when replying to an email message Mail doesn't use the "To" address of the incoming email but uses Gmail instead. In the below screenshot you can see that Mail is using Gmail as the outgoing mail and doesn't even list either of her iCloud mail addresses as possible "From" addresses. This happens to me as well.

Screenshot_mam_X.jpg

• If you go to Mail > Settings > Accounts > Account Information you get a screen like this which lets you select the outgoing mail account:

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 7.17.23 AM.png

On her machines if she selects Edit Email Addresses...

It takes her to a screen like this where you can add, delete or edit email addresses:

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 07.18.jpg

But, on my machine if I select that same option it doesn't open the edit email addresses screen, it takes me to: iCloud Mail instead.

What I can't figure out is what did we both do to cause Mail to "forget" our iCloud mail addresses and use Gmail instead for mail replies? And, why is my iCloud account treated differently from hers when editing email addresses?

What have we done to cause this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_mam.jpg
    Screenshot_mam.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 19
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.