Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
I foresee Apple promoting the fact that when buying songs from iTMS, that the songs can be used as ringtones on the iFone. I don't see Apple selling another ringtone format. Heck, you can purchase the whole song for $.99.

But, here is a twist on the iFone - you can set a playlist to be your ringtone list and it will shuffle between them!

I think I see where you are going with the rename of iTMS since it will be the hub for music, movies, tv shows and phone integration, but I don't think iLife will be it since they have that already used. iTunes Media Store? Much like they have the iPod brand, I don't see them ditching on the iTunes brand either.
I agree 100%, I don't see ANY way apple would ditch the iTunes name, possibly iTunes Media Store.

babymerv

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2007
Apple Business Strategy

Anybody here read the 10K report on Apple business strategy ..... download the pdf ... see page 9 of 144. "cellular phone" .... is part of their plan .....
;)

peharri

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2003
Anybody here read the 10K report on Apple business strategy ..... download the pdf ... see page 9 of 144. "cellular phone" .... is part of their plan .....
;)

I'm looking forward to the Apple CD and DVD players, PDAs, and digital cameras (video and still) mentioned in the same sentence myself... ;P

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Digital Lifestyle
The Company believes that for both professional and consumers the personal computer has become the center of an evolving digital lifestyle by integrating and enhancing the utility of advanced digital devices such as the Company's iPods, digital video and still cameras, televisions, CD and DVD players, cellular phones, personal digital assistants, and other consumer electronic devices."
I agree w/ peharri. Unless you're planning on seeing Apple video/still cameras, TV, CD/DVD players, PDAs and "other consumer electronic devices", I don't think their mention of "celluar phones" means much in that context.

PlayballTim

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2007
Why not a WIFI iPhone?

I can't see Apple coping with carriers and competitors like Nokia, and Motorola, but CAN see Apple chasing the 100,000,000 user plus PTP phone market with a wifi phone. I've got a dozen other reasons, but it adds up to 1,200 words that can't fit here. But check out the rationale on my blog, CogentPassion:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.