Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killr_b

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2005
Suckerfornia
Hey all,

Exciting Macworld this year for sure.:D

I was thinking, and now I have to toss the idea out here; what do you think about the iTV possibly being a video game console like the 360? Theoretically there isn't much difference. :eek:

DavoMrMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2005
The more I keep thinking about it, the more I think that Apple will release a new iPod, with widescreen, touchscreen etc. This would be announced right at the end of the keynote.

The "one more thing" would be "oh, and I almost forgot to mention, press this little icon on the screen of your new iPod and the display... turns into a mobile phone keypad".

Wow, now that would be good!

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Hey all,

I was thinking, and now I have to toss the idea out here; what do you think about the iTV possibly being a video game console like the 360? Theoretically there isn't much difference. :eek:

As far-fetched as it seems I know this much.

Blizzard says that World Of Warcraft will be offline from 3AM till 11AM Pacific time January 9th.11AM is when the keynote ends.

know-it-all5

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2006
USA
Hey all,

yeeeaaaaa...NOOO

The point of the ITV, in no way was meant to be a game console. It is not out to compete against xbox 360 etc. It is purely a device to get your stuff from your computer to your tv "with apple elegance" I'm sure there are other things itv does, but gaming isn't one of them. If any sort of games were available. They would be games from your ipod. i highly doubt even that. if apple is gonna go intp the gaming market, it won't be using the itv. It would be through the igame.

Manuel Moreno

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2003
Lisbon, VRSA,...
:)

Attachments

• vlcsnap-3794162.jpg
    vlcsnap-3794162.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,411

DavoMrMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2005
There is no way that there will be an Apple console, this is not their area at all... been there, got the t-shirt.

Codename iTV will be just a streamer, maybe with added PVR functionality.

celavato

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2005
Big. Really Big.

Something big is coming this year. Last year Apple had its hands full with the Intel transition. That transition, which was something of a lateral move, is done. Now Apple can get back to pushing boundaries. As for me, I'm hoping for LCD displays with a built-in iSight, a mobile phone (like everyone else), and my pipe dreeam -- a tiny notebook that is truly mobile -- call it the KeyNoteBook.

Ive

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2005
16:9 beamer is coming

The graphics are the sign of a beamer for all your media.
It's the way Steve thinks, no big tv's in your room, (Steve hates tv's)
but a media that totally disappears when you don't need it.

You can sell it to every one, just like the iPod.
To gamers, or as a second tv in the bedroom.

Powered bij Frontrow 2.0 on chip, with no boot times.
Wi-fi for getting media from network mac/pc's or internet stream.
Easy remote as we know already.

Small and easy to transport.

This beamer is also a "keynote" buddy.
No wire's to connect, everyone can connect.

Apple is now moving in the Livingroom !!!

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
OMG!!! I was just sent a photo of the new iPhone!!! This is the real deal folks! I can't reveal the source of the photo, but trust me, it's real!

Attachments

• New_iPhone_2b.png
    New_iPhone_2b.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 92

jlewis2k1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2005
in your closet
I think this year we are going to be seeing a lot of major changes. some expected some not so expected. But, whatever apple does it will be for the better of their future. wouldn't you all agree?

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
D. I. Y.

And stop asking for stupid crap like a MacBook with a Matte screen. Get the glossy... trust me you'll love it :D

i did get the the glossy. :mad: i no longer trust you, as i didn't love it. pretty at first, annoying as hell to use all day. got tired of waiting, so made my own. pics are HERE.

matte finish blackbook, matte finish screen, best friends name is matt. i see a trend here... :)

abadr

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2007
London, England
I'm exactly the same with exams and coursework at the moment. Until macworld comes I can't settle to anything! Weird isn't it?! :D

Hehe, it is, as has been said, very bad indeed.

I have a finance exam tomorrow, then more on tuesday and wednesday and more next week.

Of course, I shall be taking time out from revision to watch the keynote. Really can't decide whether to watch the spoiler-free one or just watch the live updates on here.

Good luck with your revision

MajorMacRant

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2007
Evansville, IN
Of course, I shall be taking time out from revision to watch the keynote. Really can't decide whether to watch the spoiler-free one or just watch the live updates on here.

I actually took the day off from work just to follow the keynote in the live updates. I'm not sure, but I think that may be a little dysfunctional. :D

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
I actually took the day off from work just to follow the keynote in the live updates. I'm not sure, but I think that may be a little dysfunctional. :D

It's no worst than people who take a day off for sports events or to go play golf or something like that. And welcome to the club. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.