Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quadrant4

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2014
Just wait...a month after iPhone 6 is out we'll get iPhone 7 round ups.

Why wait. let's start now... It'll have an A9 chip in it. How's that?

Why is it that they don't have name calling for iOS versions? Anyone get to the bottom of that one?

Last edited:

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Wow, really MacRumours?

We haven't had our batch of new software and hardware yet and you're already looking into next year?

As someone said, anything for pages views, huh?

Well there will be lots of exciting new hardware in the pipeline for sure, for 2015 :D

But yes, I am looking forward to seeing all the new exciting things Tim promised us this year 1st.

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
Wow, really MacRumours?

We haven't had our batch of new software and hardware yet and you're already looking into next year?

As someone said, anything for pages views, huh?

Rumors wait for no man (or device).

Quadrant4

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2014
But yes, I am looking forward to seeing all the new exciting things Tim promised us this year 1st.

That's why we are already looking to 2015, because we may have to wait until next year to see them. I don't seem to remember Tim actually making specific promises. He's typically very evasive about specifics.

Schizoid

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2008
UK
Moscone Centre for the next few years...

here ya go:

June 2015 - iOS 9, OS X 10.11
June 2016 - iOS 10, OS X 10.12
June 2017 - iOS 11, OS X 10.13
June 2018 - iOS 12, OS X 10.14
June 2019 - iOS 13, OS X 10.15

fill in the gaps with some places in California, I can't be arsed to look on Google Maps...

iDemiurge

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2011
Portugal
nice McFly! :cool:

Or maybe there will be no WWDC, cause the Libyans will show up in a VW Van with a rocket launcher demanding their plutonium from Tim Cook.

Conspiracy theory II: Johnny Ive secretly designed the DeLorean in the 80s and now that they can make it fly Apple will launch it as the iCar, no battery, extra thin, runs on trash.

Jakexb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2014
Prediction: in 3 years when ios 11 is released, OS X will finally increment as well and we'll simply have a single OS 11 on both platforms.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
So... iOS 9 wil come up.

After Mac OS 9, we went to (Mac) OS X

ERGO: after iOS 9 comes iOS X! :cool:

I was thinking the same thing. So will we have iOSX 10.1, 10.2, etc? Or maybe they'll wait until iOS 11 and then make OSX 11 and they'll basically be the same thing. Woah.

It's fun to think of what the big new feature would be in iOS 11. That would be in 2017, 10 years after the first iPhone. It would ship on the iPhone 7S. Hopefully by then the base model is 32GB and we have more than 1GB of ram. But it probably won't because it will be half the thickness of a pen.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
That's why we are already looking to 2015, because we may have to wait until next year to see them. I don't seem to remember Tim actually making specific promises. He's typically very evasive about specifics.

I quote:

"Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software, and services that we can’t wait to introduce this fall and throughout 2014. We continue to be very confident in our future product plans."

" But what I have said is – I have said that you would see some exciting new products from us in the fall of this year and across 2014. And I obviously stand by that"

Señor

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2013
United States
Macrumors next year:

WWDC 2016 scheduled for June 1st - June 30 with new iOS devices and Macbooks coming out in the same year.

J InTech82

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2013
I quote:

"Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software, and services that we can’t wait to introduce this fall and throughout 2014. We continue to be very confident in our future product plans."

" But what I have said is – I have said that you would see some exciting new products from us in the fall of this year and across 2014. And I obviously stand by that"

And it's not even fall yet so by these quotes the good stuff won't be out till then.

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
Now that the tickets are being sold as a lottery knowing the exact date doesn't help that much. No sense making hotel and airfare reservations now.

----------

All right, let's start a pool for what the next version of OS X 10.11 is. i say Mt. Shasta (Shasta) or Lake Tahoe (or just plain Tahoe), that's my two guesses.

Or maybe Big Sur.

How about Sausalito, Milano, Brussels, Geneva, Chesapeake, Nantucket, Lexington, Maui or Tahiti?

ricci

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
NYC
I was having a good day and you had to go screw that up by reminding me that Broadwell is still possibly a year out??????
Thanks!!!

----------

Now that the tickets are being sold as a lottery knowing the exact date doesn't help that much. No sense making hotel and airfare reservations now.

----------

How about Sausalito, Milano, Brussels, Geneva, Chesapeake, Nantucket, Lexington, Maui or Tahiti?

Yo!! How about "Fagitaboutit 2.0"
Much love from Brooklyn NYC

GregAndonian

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2010
[/COLOR]All right, let's start a pool for what the next version of OS X 10.11 is. i say Mt. Shasta (Shasta) or Lake Tahoe (or just plain Tahoe), that's my two guesses.

Actually, part of Lake Tahoe is in Nevada, so that's probably out...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.