Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Is there a place on these forums that lists the top X posters today by number of posts (excluding posts that don't increase post count)?

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
wrldwzrd89 said:
Is there a place on these forums that lists the top X posters today by number of posts (excluding posts that don't increase post count)?

U have the 68000 ranking...u tell me :p j/k

I dont know of any place like that....hopefully mudbug or another mod. will put a messege in this thread answering it....

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
well, if there is such a button - I don't know about it... :)

I guess the closest you could come is doing an advanced search by posts made in a certain time frame, and just look and see who's been active.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i don't know if such stats are a good idea. i mean the whole reason that the post counts were taken away from under users names was because people were just spamming to get their post count up.

having a 'daily top user' list might bring back such spamming. :(

if you realy want to see those stats, you could try a advanced search.

personally, i like the forums just how they are. :)

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Fine then. Let's not have stats to discourage spamming. I'm certainly not one to spam just to increase my post count. Those 50 posts I made yesterday - none of them were spam posts.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
wrldwzrd89 said:
Fine then. Let's not have stats to discourage spamming. I'm certainly not one to spam just to increase my post count. Those 50 posts I made yesterday - none of them were spam posts.

50 posts in one day! :eek: That has got to be some type of record!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
munkle said:
50 posts in one day! :eek: That has got to be some type of record!

it might be a personal record, but it comes far from being the most. That goes to jelloshotsrule for a 200 in 24 hours.

As for most active posters, Dr. Q keeps six month stats on the top 50 and that's a pretty good representative of the activity. But there's nothing that you can just click on to get that. Besides, we don't need another stat that people can vie for: stats only seem to increase spamming :D

D

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
200 in 24 hours, how can you possibly post that much, what do you post about?!! :eek: :eek:

And agree with the more stats=more spam sentiment.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
munkle said:
200 in 24 hours, how can you possibly post that much, what do you post about?!! :eek: :eek:

It was several years ago in a different world as far as MacRumors goes. It was similar to an iChat log, only on quite a few threads. It also happened in the summer when he was out of school and had plenty of time. There were a few others involved but only he managed that much :D

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.