Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

V-L@D

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
Birmingham
Hi

I am unable to pair the Moto 360 (v2-2015) to the iPhone 7. ALthough it is supposed to be compatible.

Have restarted iphone, restored to factory defaults the watch couple of times and both watch and phone OS are at the latest version. both charged up. Pairing with an android phone works ok with no issues.

Has anyone else run into this? & does anyone know of any fix for it?

p.s. I know the iPhone 7 just came out..but maybe someone has the solution :(

Seminyaksteven

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
Basel
I have exactly the same issue with my Tag Heuer connected (Iphone 7 + Android Wear). It works fine with my Iphone 6 and IOS 10, but not with Iphone 7 . Let's wait for an update!

Last edited:
Reactions: V-L@D

bamfsig45

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
Hi

I am unable to pair the Moto 360 (v2-2015) to the iPhone 7. ALthough it is supposed to be compatible.

Have restarted iphone, restored to factory defaults the watch couple of times and both watch and phone OS are at the latest version. both charged up. Pairing with an android phone works ok with no issues.

Has anyone else run into this? & does anyone know of any fix for it?

p.s. I know the iPhone 7 just came out..but maybe someone has the solution :(
Just curious if you've had any success? I don't have my 7+ yet but do have a moto 360 2nd gen. I've been debating on getting an Apple watch, this may solidify my decision.

Thanks

V-L@D

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
Birmingham
Just curious if you've had any success? I don't have my 7+ yet but do have a moto 360 2nd gen. I've been debating on getting an Apple watch, this may solidify my decision.

Thanks
It seems that i'm not the only one. there are some reddit posts with people wiht the same issue. Seems to be a combination of bluetooth ios 10 and iphone 7.

Reactions: bamfsig45

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I have an issue with 6splus and IOS10 and my Moto 360. Keeps disconnecting. Google are aware and working on a fix, so perhaps this will fix the iphone 7 issues too :)

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
further to this, my issue is now fixed with the moto360 not connecting, after i installed 10.1 beta :)

V-L@D

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
Birmingham
10.02 has fixed the issue with android wear
10.2 fixed only the issue with android wear - ios 10 and all other iphones apart from 7 and 7 plus.

Owners, like me, of the 7 and 7 plus still can't connect to their devices and they seem to be working on it. I think i need to sell my moto 360 v2 :(

bamfsig45

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
sold mine and bought the updated series 1 Apple Watch from Bestbuy. I'm much happier now and the notifications are better imo than android wear. The Taptic feed back plus the speaker make it a win. glad i switched.

Sorry you're still having issues.

alexdafirst

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Newcastle, UK

Thanks
That's what I've done! I sold my Moto 360 and bought an Apple Watch instead. I'd say it's definitely worth getting.

Ne11y

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2014
Corona, NY
I'm having sporadic disconnect with my moto360 v1, on iPhone 7+. Coming from nexus 6p. It's find there. But every so often it'll say disconnected. Reconnect hardly work. Require a restart or cycling of Bluetooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.