Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
Ladies and gentlemen,

I am surprised there have been no threads on this yet.. I am actually intrigued (bar the software support question).

So in 2016, we got the Moto Z instead of the Moto X. In 2017, all signs are pointing to the release of a new generation of the Moto X (in addition to the Z series), with specs in line with the mid-range rather than premium.

The latest rumours see the device actually being called the Moto X4, and apparently we get some more specific details about the phones display and battery etc.

The Moto X4 will have a metal body and what Motorola is calling “3D glass”, which may just mean the glass on the display is curved. The rumours indicate some kind of “smart camera” and “AI integration”, which again is pretty vague and could mean anything.

We can expect the just announced Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor inside. The phone will also apparently have a 5.2-inch display, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of onboard storage, a 3800 mAh battery, a laser autofocus camera and a front-facing fingerprint sensor.

The Moto X4 will have IP68 water and dust resistance, along with always-on voice, support for 3xCA (3x carrier aggregation), and Turbo Charging support for the battery.

What are your thoughts?

KKH

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
The price needs to be way less than the Moto Z for which most dismissed.

I need to research display resolution, fps, screen to body ratio, display type and carrier availabilty for starters.

Sounds Good

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2007
The phone will also apparently have a 5.2-inch display, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of onboard storage, a 3800 mAh battery, a laser autofocus camera and a front-facing fingerprint sensor.
Sounds similar to the higher-end version of the Moto G5 Plus, no?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.