Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Decided to start a thread dedicated to the two wheel sport many of us love! You can talk about anything you want here, as long as it's related to MotoGP.

If you decide to post info regarding real time races, I'll only ask you post a spoilers alert so it doesn't ruin other people's experience.

As a welcome post:
RD11_Austria_2021-2-2.jpg

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
Last season I noticed that the two US races were actually broadcast on NBC, I love MotoGP but at $165 to watch all races via streaming, I don't love it that much.
Then this year I learned that most/all (?) races are shown on either NBC (commercial-free!) or on CNBC, which I haven't figured out how to see yet (I assume that one is a streaming thing?)
This is the only motorsport I enjoy; thanks for starting the thread! :)

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
Last season I noticed that the two US races were actually broadcast on NBC, I love MotoGP but at $165 to watch all races via streaming, I don't love it that much.
Then this year I learned that most/all (?) races are shown on either NBC (commercial-free!) or on CNBC, which I haven't figured out how to see yet (I assume that one is a streaming thing?)
I belong to a invite only website that has all the torrents because of the lack of US coverage. There’s no subscription on earth that gets ALL the races so had no choice.

I was lucky enough to do track days at COTA so riding that course was epic. Also got to see MM rookie season there which was neat. I new that kid was going to be something but now it’s sad to see his career might be over since he can’t stay on the bike/healthy.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Portugal
I belong to a invite only website that has all the torrents because of the lack of US coverage. There’s no subscription on earth that gets ALL the races so had no choice.

I was lucky enough to do track days at COTA so riding that course was epic. Also got to see MM rookie season there which was neat. I new that kid was going to be something but now it’s sad to see his career might be over since he can’t stay on the bike/healthy.
COTA looks like one hell of a course! I am planning on doing a driving course at the best track in my country, AIA (Autódromo Internacional do Algarve).

Reactions: Sheepish-Lord

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Portugal
$165?? You're better off just paying for the official MotoGP Video Pass, and even that is ridiculously expensive. Fortunately, I have a friend who streams the race via discord and we both watch the races together. If not, VPN and I use a Belgian streaming website that streams for free...but in German😒

Cancelled
Jul 5, 2022
My wife and I are long time MotoGP fans. I rode down from BC to Austin to watch the race at COTA in 2014 which was a lot of fun.

I think if you're going to have a MotoGP thread there should be some stricter rules against spoilers, including in the thread title. Even FP results could be considered spoilers if you want to stretch it.

Reactions: JetBlack7

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Portugal
My wife and I are long time MotoGP fans. I rode down from BC to Austin to watch the race at COTA in 2014 which was a lot of fun.

I think if you're going to have a MotoGP thread there should be some stricter rules against spoilers, including in the thread title. Even FP results could be considered spoilers if you want to stretch it.
I actually have no idea. Is a user able to blur an image and tag it as spoiler?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.