Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 3, 2017
I’ve had my eye on this phone for a while now. Motorola is as close to stock android as you can get. It’s 99% stock android or so for those who don’t know. Motorola can’t compete with the high end phones, but their midrange and budget phones are very hard to beat!

•6.2-inch FHD+ screen with a notch
•Snapdragon 636 with either 3GB, 4GB or 6GB of RAM
4850mah battery!

This thing could be my 10 year olds next phone. My previous Z Play that I paid $399 for unlocked at Best Buy was one of my favorite phones. My 10 year old uses it now and it’s a battery beast. I had no problem getting 10-12h SOT over the course of 48 hours on a single charge. That was a 3510mah battery, so you can probably anticipate legendary battery life with this thing. Get it for your non tech obsessed wife and it’ll last her a week on a single charge! Depending on price I’m all in on this. It’s a shameful ripoff of the iPhone X look, but what else is new. It could be one to look out for!

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Meh.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is already on the market.
6", SD636, 5000mAh battery!, stock Android, and even the top config (6GB RAM + 64GB internal storage) is only about $200.

Motorola is no longer exciting under Lenovo. If you still prefer a "western" brand, get Nokia instead.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 3, 2017
Meh.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is already on the market.
6", SD636, 5000mAh battery!, stock Android, and even the top config (6GB RAM + 64GB internal storage) is only about $200.

Motorola is no longer exciting under Lenovo. If you still prefer a "western" brand, get Nokia instead.
That phone sounds good, but it doesn’t look like it’s available in the US.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.