Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Has anyone used this phone? Hows the battery life and the over all product quality. I have a samsung x427 for comparison

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i just got this phone, the battery life isnt all that great to be honest, i think the v180 is much better, unless you need to have a camera phone, if i had a chance to chose again i would go without the camera and get the v180, there really is no difference between the two besides black vs silver and battery life and a camera

besides the batt life, which isnt bad, it just could be better, i think its a great phone, a bit heavier than i expected, but i dont mind, and i like the speakerphone as well, works very good

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
I used the V400 for a while. We didnt get a long to well. It was fine, the battery life was fine for me. Nothing un reasonable. 3-4 days is what I got. I seemed rather slow n sluggish at times. It also scratches very easier. Then my backlight died on it. ( Just one day went out.) I went into Cingular and they gave me a new one on the spot.

I was done with the phone though, and bought a V600 at the same time. (sold the new V400 on ebay) It much more durable IMO opinion.

I've since bought a V3.

All in all its a good phone. Nothing special IMO. but solid.

Calvinatir

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2003
LA
I love the phone except i have to charge it every night, if i don't charge it one night it will die the next night. Otherwise the phone is great.

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Koodauw said:
I used the V400 for a while. We didnt get a long to well. It was fine, the battery life was fine for me. Nothing un reasonable. 3-4 days is what I got. I seemed rather slow n sluggish at times. It also scratches very easier. Then my backlight died on it. ( Just one day went out.) I went into Cingular and they gave me a new one on the spot.

I was done with the phone though, and bought a V600 at the same time. (sold the new V400 on ebay) It much more durable IMO opinion.

I've since bought a V3.

All in all its a good phone. Nothing special IMO. but solid.
So you would recomend the v600 over the v400 as far as battery life and quality?

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
CaptainCaveMann said:
So you would recomend the v600 over the v400 as far as battery life and quality?

It all depends. I liked the V600 better than the V400 for these reasons.

It was made out of Metal/Aluminium instead of plastic.
I seemed to be able to hear better on it. Although i think it was do mainly to ergonomics.
I liked the look and feel of it much better. To me the V400 was the beta, and the V600 was the final product.

I value style, and durability, so I went with the V600. Also, I had a V60 which I loved. Possibly the best phone I have ever owned, and the V600 remind me much of it. I'm sure was a big part of my decision.

And as for battery life, if I remember correctly it was about the same. No huge difference.

So I guess if your an average user, The V400 is a good fit.

BTW, I dont think Cingular sells the V600 anymore. I think they replaced it with a 500 series phone. Which is made out of plastic :(

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Koodauw said:
It all depends. I liked the V600 better than the V400 for these reasons.

It was made out of Metal/Aluminium instead of plastic.
I seemed to be able to hear better on it. Although i think it was do mainly to ergonomics.
I liked the look and feel of it much better. To me the V400 was the beta, and the V600 was the final product.

I value style, and durability, so I went with the V600. Also, I had a V60 which I loved. Possibly the best phone I have ever owned, and the V600 remind me much of it. I'm sure was a big part of my decision.

And as for battery life, if I remember correctly it was about the same. No huge difference.

So I guess if your an average user, The V400 is a good fit.

BTW, I dont think Cingular sells the V600 anymore. I think they replaced it with a 500 series phone. Which is made out of plastic :(
Well im using the samsung sgh-x427 non m model and i like it except for the fact that it will only hold 3 downloaded full audio ring tones which is freakin lame imo only 3!! I mean come on. Also its not a camera phone and the battery is less than satisfactory. I want a camera phone with great battery life, i do a lot of text meseging and on the phone all the time i want something that will last me at least 4 days without having to run to my life saving charger. Am i asking to much? ah well come on cingular the technology is there isnt it :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.