Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ilunchbox

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Hello, i Got ML the other day, installed it and it works fine... BUT when i try to sign in it tells me "You Can not sign in at this time, Try signing in Later"... i tryed re-installing but no cigar... Any Way to fix this ? Thx i feel like im the only 1 that has that error =(

ckdja

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
I'm having same issue

I installed MOUNTAIN LION this morning and I CANT SIGN INTO ICLOUD AT THIS TIME. I think I have tried everything on the forums I have came across and nothing worked. I'm about to reinstall ML but if that didn't solve the issue for one of you, then I may end up going back to LION. I don't want to give up so hopefully there's a solution in the very near future.

Sound214

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Sweden
I installed MOUNTAIN LION this morning and I CANT SIGN INTO ICLOUD AT THIS TIME. I think I have tried everything on the forums I have came across and nothing worked. I'm about to reinstall ML but if that didn't solve the issue for one of you, then I may end up going back to LION. I don't want to give up so hopefully there's a solution in the very near future.

I tried reinstalling too, but it didn't work for me either. Very strange. Please tell if you come up with a solution.

chille

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
Having the same problem on my brand new Mac Mini. Installed it on my 2010 13" MBP first and didn't have this error, therefore I can exclude that the error is linked to my iCloud account. I also tried with another account with no luck.

Have reinstalled Lion on my Mini until someone cracks this or Apple releases DP 2.

furaku

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Apple Developer

Hello, i Got ML the other day, installed it and it works fine... BUT when i try to sign in it tells me "You Can not sign in at this time, Try signing in Later"... i tryed re-installing but no cigar... Any Way to fix this ? Thx i feel like im the only 1 that has that error =(

I have the same problem. Anybody is an Apple Developer? Maybe if you aren´t a developer can´t use de iCloud profile en Mountain Lion...

utnapishtiy

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2012
Probably this.

I was going to say that you should submit a bug report to Apple, but no one seems to be a developer in the thread...

it could be, but I've also used betta's of Lion for developers, and everything was fine. strange.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA

This is a dev preview. You shouldn't even have it.

I have it working just fine.

Claustin

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2009
Well I have a dev account

Everything's working swimmingly on my 2011 MBP, but I'm having the iCloud login issue on my 2011 Mini. The only thing I can think of is on the MBP I installed over Lion but on the Mini I installed from scratch off a thumb drive (because I installed a SSD). I tried deleting the accounts folder from ~library and even copied the folder over from the MBP but no dice. I'm going to try a fresh install of Lion and upgrade to ML and see what happens.

ScottSabatini

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
I am part of the apple developer program, I have had this problem since day one and tried a bunch of different installs. I have also posted about this in the dev forums and it's been a whole week now without reply. I don't think anyone can fix this problem but apple themselves...

Again I am an apple dev so it has nothing to do with having a dev account, our iCloud's are not working for another reason. If anyone on the dev threads posts anything about it I will let you all know, but it looks like we need to wait for a new preview or beta.

Claustin

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2009
I am part of the apple developer program, I have had this problem since day one and tried a bunch of different installs. I have also posted about this in the dev forums and it's been a whole week now without reply. I don't think anyone can fix this problem but apple themselves...

Again I am an apple dev so it has nothing to do with having a dev account, our iCloud's are not working for another reason. If anyone on the dev threads posts anything about it I will let you all know, but it looks like we need to wait for a new preview or beta.

Yeah still having the problem after the upgrade route. Just out of curiosity, what model did you install on? Somebody else mentioned they were also having the problem on a mini. Maybe it's model specific?

ScottSabatini

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
I have a 2011 iMac i5. I have tried upgrading and clean I stalling about 15 times. Tried to setup iCloud from the prefs and not the set up screen. Apple doesn't give any help for betas either.

LiesForTheLiars

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2011
Works just fine for me, but that's the nature of beta dev previews. If it doesn't work now it may very well work in the 2nd dev build.

LiesForTheLiars

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2011
I have tried upgrading and clean I stalling about 15 times.

If you want iCloud you should just stick with Lion and try again when the next ML build is released. Sometimes issues are model specific. You've clean installed it several times without luck. I think it's safe to assume there's a general issue at work here. ML is not very stable anyway so bugs like these are to be expected.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
Works fine for me. Running ML inside Parallels 7 on Lion. ML is not ready yet to replace Lion, but it's fun to play around with.

furaku

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
I just reinstall ML in my external HD and iCloud works!!! I have no idea why, but it´s true, reinstall ML and the issue is resolve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.