Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haydentech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2022
I have Monterrey (12.4) running on my iMac 2010 via OpenCore Legacy, and in almost every respect it's running well and is surprisingly quick -- well beyond my expectations! And I don't even have an SSD!

My only problem is that every time the computer wakes from sleep, the mouse is unusably slow. It will click normally, but it moves only a couple pixels with a movement that would normally send it completely across the screen -- maybe 250x slower than normal. Unplugging the mouse from the USB and re-plugging restores normal movement, but I don't want to have to do this every time I use the Mac.

Is there any workaround to this mouse problem?

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
I have Monterrey (12.4) running on my iMac 2010 via OpenCore Legacy, and in almost every respect it's running well and is surprisingly quick -- well beyond my expectations! And I don't even have an SSD!

My only problem is that every time the computer wakes from sleep, the mouse is unusably slow. It will click normally, but it moves only a couple pixels with a movement that would normally send it completely across the screen -- maybe 250x slower than normal. Unplugging the mouse from the USB and re-plugging restores normal movement, but I don't want to have to do this every time I use the Mac.

Is there any workaround to this mouse problem?
First, what version of OCLP are you using, and have you run the OCLP post install Root Patch?
USB related issues can be difficult to resolve and even diagnose. At least you have that 'work-around', the unplug-replug method. Have you tried a bluetooth mouse? (I am not sure about the bluetooth hardware used on that iMac, it may not be compatible with Monterey. On my late 2011 MBP 8,2 model, the bluetooth is horrible with Monterey but it works fine with Big Sur installed with OCLP 0.4.7 or 0.4.8.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.