Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SouRceFaQ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Hello, i am pretty new to mac and i have a power mac and i need a program that will convert my .mov files to wmv.

I mainly use Final Cut Pro for conversions but it doesnt have wmv.

So is there maybe a way to get it to convert to wmv or is there sum other application for mac that will convert to .wmv (actually steaming wmv)?

Also is there a good ftp client program that is like filezilla for windows but for mac???

Anyhelp would be greatly apreciated.

Thx!

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
flip4mac is the main way i would say , but if anyone has any cheaper and better ideas - i'm all ears

as for ftp Transmit seems to do a fine job for me :)

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Flip4Mac is the only way to go. It costs money for the WMV conversion capabilities but it's worth it. I use it 4-6 times a week to convert files for the Windows using folks in my office. Most office folk don't have PC Quicktime installed whereas many home PC users do due to iTunes installing QT.

The Past

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2004
United States
Yes, Transmit all the way for FTP.

Another vote for Flip4Mac. Also, I have used Cleaner until Flip4Mac came along for WMV conversion and that works pretty well as well.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
mvelinder said:
But honestly, who wants to convert to a wmv... ewww.

Nobody WANTS to convert to WMV - some of us create video for corporations that require WMV as most of their computers outside the creative dept. are Windows boxes. Nothing worse than producing a video with a $30 K budget only to have someone say "can you give it to me in WMV format and crunh it down to 2 MB so I can email it." Ugh.

SouRceFaQ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
exactly, we are doing this for our church and basically its the only way we can go at this time. Thx for all the help. I will most likely buy this program. I still havent checked out the ftp but im sure it works.

Thanks all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.