Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lasloduncan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
seems there may be several ways to do it.....the ones I have tried have given me or created new problems and still no logons and passwords on my imac Monterey tried mig ass...moved lots of stuff not logons and passwords or keychain --and so on. I need a one two three moron step by step ..moron for sticking with apple I guess.thank you all for your help once again-

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Go to this menu in Safari and that will export the web passwords to a CSV file. Then copy that file to the other Mac and use the import from CSV option in the same menu to import.

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 8.04.11 AM.png

lasloduncan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
first I have seen of this method ...than you, you have given me great info in the past. thank you very --migration assistant ..keychain access and loading to thumd drive all unworkable for me this will work thank you again weasler

lasloduncan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
after my usual fumbling around I put the cvs file in email sent to myself pulled it off to downloads put it on the desktop and imported to my newish imac and my mbp....operator problems I suspect ...my icloud share or lack of prevented the easy way -I have stuff on my gear I do NOT spread to other gear iphone etc thanks again for you help

lasloduncan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
anyway done and after several hours of messing with it......mac is great if you know of one of the 35 ways that "might" work....

lasloduncan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
p.s. -I did several searchesm apple. etc and no mention of cvs ...fyi that I saw

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
seems there may be several ways to do it.....the ones I have tried have given me or created new problems and still no logons and passwords on my imac Monterey tried mig ass...moved lots of stuff not logons and passwords or keychain --and so on. I need a one two three moron step by step ..moron for sticking with apple I guess.thank you all for your help once again-
Use iCloud. Turn on iCloud keychain on both computers and the passwords will sync between them automatically.

lasloduncan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
Use iCloud. Turn on iCloud keychain on both computers and the passwords will sync between them automatically.
thank you i suspected it was an icloud issue I have been reluctant to do that ..not sure I like that idea.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.