Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DustyShaw

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2018
[I posted this in the wrong place, can you please move it to Help & Troubleshooting?]

I'm on Mac Mini M2 Pro and iPhone 11, attempting to set up Continuity Camera but iPhone doesn't appear in the Mac's list of bluetooth devices so can't be paired.

After connecting the iPhone & Mac with a USB the phone then did appear in the Mac's list of devices. Later I tried this again, and it didn't appear.

Both devices are on the same WiFi network, have updated IOS & OS, and have been restarted. Bluetooth is set to On on both devices, and there's no Firewall on on the MAc.

I read that others have had this same problem with CC, but no solutions that I could find.

Without me doing anything special, the first time I looked, Mac Mini appeared in the list of bluetooth devices on my phone, but later a text box popped up on my phone saying "Pairing unsuccessful. 'Mac Mini' is not supported".

I want to use the iphone as an external microphone feeding into my MAc, without any wires. Is there another way, or anything else I can try to get them connected for CC?

loveandcomedy

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2010
I just want to say that I'm having the same issue with a Mac mini M2, with an iPhone 15 Pro, all on the latest available OS.

Reactions: DustyShaw
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.