Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bulldog3777

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
All my devices are 11.03(Phone and 2 Ipads). Now when I rent a movie from Itunes on my Ipad 12.9 the movie appears on all my devices. They are not just in the cloud but on the actual device. Can they be viewed on any of the devices? Can I watch the movie on the 12.9 and my wife watch the same movie on the 10.5?? Has to be an IOS 11 thing because this never happened before I went to IOS 11.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
iTunes VIDEO shouldn't automatically download to iOS devices.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202180

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 10.09.02 AM.png

I just checked TV app, and while all my purchases are front and center they aren't downloaded to any of them except the ones I intentionally downloaded them too.

However if you internet is fast enough as soon as you click the purchased video icon it starts streaming. However it still requires me to download it manually video the cloud button (like Apple Music).

IMG_0428.jpg

Are you sure you aren't just streaming it?

And yes, purchases will appear on all your devices that are using the same AppleID (AppleTV, iPhone, iPad, iTunes on Mac/PC). So yes if someone else is using one of your devices or their own device that is using the your AppleID (I recommend avoiding that) or is using family sharing (preferable) they can watch the movies you purchased on another device.

Bulldog3777

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
iTunes VIDEO shouldn't automatically download to iOS devices.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202180

View attachment 728408
I just checked TV app, and while all my purchases are front and center they aren't downloaded to any of them except the ones I intentionally downloaded them too.

However if you internet is fast enough as soon as you click the purchased video icon it starts streaming. However it still requires me to download it manually video the cloud button (like Apple Music).

View attachment 728409

Are you sure you aren't just streaming it?

And yes, purchases will appear on all your devices that are using the same AppleID (AppleTV, iPhone, iPad, iTunes on Mac/PC). So yes if someone else is using one of your devices or their own device that is using the your AppleID (I recommend avoiding that) or is using family sharing (preferable) they can watch the movies you purchased on another device.
[doublepost=1509215522][/doublepost]All devices say downloaded with a check mark so not streaming. All devices are under my Apple ID.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.