Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lexdiamonnyc

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2012
NYC
http://www.dtathemes.com/update-on-moviebox-info/

Just thought that we would share some info on the status of the Moviebox updates and content errors.
From what we understand is that Moviebox is working everyday to fix broken content, and restore full use.
So when you see a update in Moviebox and nothing shows up in the update tab. I believe it’s meant to fix broken content. So please give it time to work out. I am sure the amount of links that has to be fixed is in the hundreds.
I see complaining about the 3.2.3 update. I want to clear up a few things. This update is meant to add the ability to add other server sources for content. So if you see no size under the link that is from the new server. So the speed should be way faster then the old server.
Also I see some complaints about AirPlay not working. From what I have seen is that a simple reset of network settings, or logging off the network that the Apple TV is on. Has helped a lot of people. A few users have had to reboot their routers.

yvm22

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2015
I just rebooted my modem and router and the problem still persist. I can watch TV shows by air playing them to my TV but not movies. I'll just wait until a new fix is made for the movie box app.

Mrmikey7

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2014
this was working perfectly for and then all of a sudden one day I started getting the error message. They need to fix this.

yvm22

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2015
they know there is an air play issue with the new movies that were moved to better servers.

Follow the link below:

http://www.dtathemes.com/moviebox-and-apple-tv-streaming-errors/

simplydat

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
The problem is indeed with the latest version 3.2.3. Reverting back to 3.2.2 resolves the issue.

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
AirPlay no longer works for MB new server which is server 2 which they use for all new movies now downloaded. Older movies have the option of server 1. Those you can AirPlay Tv shows work fine because they have the choice of server 1 or 2 so you just choose 1. Looks like I'm going back to playbox HD. It streams perfectly.

jefo13

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
This is my Fix

Simply mirror your device to the ATV before you even open Movie Box, when the movie starts playing, it will Airplay in Full Screen

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
Simply mirror your device to the ATV before you even open Movie Box, when the movie starts playing, it will Airplay in Full Screen

Thanks. Now the only problem is apple remote functions won't work with this method you have to pause with the device screen and no rewinding or fast forwarding options on the screen or remote. It worked perfectly before last two updates when they changed servers.

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
what a bunch of crybabies!!! you want things for free, you have to deal with a few hiccups!

Not crybabies. Airplayed great last couple years. Why did they change a good thing? Playbox HD is better now since it Airplays and has all the same movies and TV shows.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Am I the only one who never has an issue with MovieBox functioning correctly no matter if it gets updated or iOS does?

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
Am I the only one who never has an issue with MovieBox functioning correctly no matter if it gets updated or iOS does?

We are just talking about AirPlay. Everything else works fine. Do you have an Apple TV and stream the MB movies? TV shows work fine on server 1. They use a new server which they call server 2 for the new movies. This is where the problem is as you get an error message on the TV screen. It works if you tur on mirroring but by doing it this way you can not use the Apple TV remote or the remote app from the iPhone.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
We are just talking about AirPlay. Everything else works fine. Do you have an Apple TV and stream the MB movies? TV shows work fine on server 1. They use a new server which they call server 2 for the new movies. This is where the problem is as you get an error message on the TV screen. It works if you tur on mirroring but by doing it this way you can not use the Apple TV remote or the remote app from the iPhone.
I do have an Apple TV and airplay Moviebox all the time. Only use it for TV shows though, no movies. I'll have to check it out and report back then.

EDIT: I do see what you're talking about now. Personally it wouldn't bother me much, just as easy to use the iPad on screen controls to pause instead of the physical remote. Just can't turn off the screen or else the connection will drop. Whomever makes the MB app probably just needs to push another update out or fix something on the sever.

Sam1347

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2015
I had same problem with movie box and AirPlay to Apple tv. I found out that only movies that are on server 2 have that problem. The ones on server one on movie box play with no problem. The solution that I found is simply to download the movie then play it. It will AirPlay no problem. The good news is that server 2 is super fast when it comes to downloading and took me less than 5 min to download the movie. Hope this help.

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
I had same problem with movie box and AirPlay to Apple tv. I found out that only movies that are on server 2 have that problem. The ones on server one on movie box play with no problem. The solution that I found is simply to download the movie then play it. It will AirPlay no problem. The good news is that server 2 is super fast when it comes to downloading and took me less than 5 min to download the movie. Hope this help.

You must have downloaded in low quality or have super fast internet. I loved movie box when all the movies were on Server 1 and they streamed with AirPlay perfectly. All new movies on server 2 only now so no more AirPlay except mirroring. I have switched to Playbox for AirPlay of movies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.