Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snowatom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Denmark
Well..... Apple is just too lazy to fix movie covers. It is just so sad, that there aren't more attention to this. At least give the option to select custom covers to fix this mess in ones movie collection. Every movie studio is fighting for profit, I do my best to help (6.700$ spend on movies in the AppleTV/iTunes Store). One could at least expect the cover to reflect the right movie version in the AppleTV App.

Skærmbillede 2023-08-30 kl. 18.07.20.png

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Not seeing this in my atv app.
The likely reason you’re seeing this is there’s been some sort of crossover with what’s going to be made available on Vision Pro.

snowatom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Denmark
Unfortunately this is not an old issue, I just needed to went, as no one from Apple seems to care one bit.

Most likely, because you're from the US. And Apple couldn't care less about other countries.

My US store is way more neat with updated covers compared to my Danish store.

Movies covers in the Danish store, just looks like Apple searching google for the first available cover, and then use that. I have other movies with covers describing them as Unrated, special editions, directors cut, ect. without actually being that.

I even have a movie "Just Friends" which is bought as HD, and still shows as available to on HD in the store. But the version you get, is SD. I have made a case with Apple on this. They refunded the movie, so I could purchase it again, as it should work. But it didn't, still only SD. And now total silence from Apple, and it's been years, and still not fixed.

In space (Apple) no one can hear you scream!.

Last edited:

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
OK. Might be a larger country than Denmark then. Where in Europe ?
UK.

Just had a look at the movie you mentioned and according to Cheapcharts ‘Just Friends’ isn’t available in HD at all in Denmark.

IMG_2641.jpeg

As you’re using the atv app are you sure the HD you’re seeing isn’t being linked to another streaming service?

Example here is The Nightmare Before Christmas which shows in the atv app as being 4KDV but it’s actually only HD via iTunes/AppleTV, it’s 4KHDR via Disney+.

IMG_2642.jpeg

snowatom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Denmark
Well UK is the lucky Europe. You can also buy TV-series as one of the few European countries. Not many can: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204411

I Know it isn't available in HD, that's why I have asked Apple to fix their information. It's false marketing. And it isn't because it is available elsewere in HD. MacOS doesn't integrate that way, as iOS devices do.

But again, they couldn't care less...

Skærmbillede 2023-08-31 kl. 09.38.20.png

Skærmbillede 2023-08-31 kl. 09.27.42.png

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2023-08-31 kl. 09.30.27.png
    Skærmbillede 2023-08-31 kl. 09.30.27.png
    970.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

snowatom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Denmark
And it isn't because it is available elsewere in HD. MacOS doesn't integrate that way, as iOS devices do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.