Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MathAviation7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2020
If I were to get two HomePod Mini’s (shouldn’t be different for normal HomePod) for my nightstands and set them to stereo mode, would it automatically disable the feature when I move them to another room and re-enable it when I move it back? It would be incredibly annoying to have to set up Stereo mode every time I move the HomePod from one room.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
If its anything like the larger HomePod in settings you tap ‘ungroup’ and move them the you go to settings when moved and add the 2 together agian.

Meuti

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2019
If you move them both at the same time I don't think you'll have to regroup them. It might be necessary if you move only one of them tho. I have a stereo pair in my living room and during summer time I take one of the pair out for use in the garden. The regrouping is really quick, so it has never been annoying to me so far.

MathAviation7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2020
I rewatched the homepod section of the apple event and it said that it would intelligently pair two speakers when they are in the same room. Perhaps because of the U1 chip it can automatically do this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.