Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
I have another bootable drive which has Mavericks and Parallels running on it.

I did this by way of testing Parallels to see if it would fit my purpose which it does, my question is, now being happy with it can I move Parallels as is all working over to my main drive, if this can be done what would the process
be ?

All done and working :)

Last edited:

tillsbury

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2007
Just delete parallels and reinstall on to the main drive. Your virtual machines are separate files that you can transfer over and open with parallels in the new location.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Just delete parallels and reinstall on to the main drive. Your virtual machines are separate files that you can transfer over and open with parallels in the new location.

So let me get this right, I install Parallels on my main drive, goes without saying, but I want to get this right first time.

Then I copy across the .pvm file from my other drive in Documents/Parallels

Also bring across a folder called Applications (Parallels) from within my home folder on the other drive ?

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006

All done and working, thanks :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.