Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GreatDrok

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2006
New Zealand
I know a few people here are in NZ and I am about to join them (just got a permanent residency visa) so I am now having to go through all my kit to see what I should keep and what I shouldn't.

I intend to bring all my Macs (most of which have superdrives currently set to Region 2) and I was wondering about DVDs on sale in NZ? I bought a few last time I was over and they were all Region 2/4 so played fine but are there any that are Region 4 only which might cause me some issues? Most of my current DVDs are R2 with a fair number of R1 discs too and I have an external region free drive to deal with them.

On a similar vein, I am intending to bring my games machines (Xbox 360, Wii, PS2) with me and for those the games specify that they only play PAL discs and NZ is PAL too so I would think they should be fine. I don't intend to use any of them for DVD video playback but I would also like to know if I can bring the machines and buy games in NZ and have them play fine or should I just sell the lot and start over?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.