Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seitsme

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
-
Hello,
One day ago before the latest mozilla update which fixes the disabled addons etc.,
I followed an article prompting to enable (about:)studies.

I did that and addons were back, while waiting for the fix.

Now the fix is realeased, but in the about:studies, i still see 4 items that were not there
until i enabled Studies etc.

How do i uninstall these programs, or whatever they are so they are removed from the studies list
please.

I have disabled all studies prefs from Privacy menu, but they are still there even after uninstall
as well as applying the fix. I am on a macbook with high sierra latest ver.

thanks

Kraizelburg

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2018
Spain
Hi, if you read carefully you'll see that in studies tab there are 2 categories: studies actives and studies finished, one you have disabled studies checkbox in the main settings tab you should not see any studies actives.

I hope this helps.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I got an update to firefox today that supposedly fixes so should be able to turn off Studies

Sasparilla

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
As long as you have unchecked the Studies option, everything should be "completed" and you should be good - it appears to be a log of all the studies run over time on that installation.

I checked on the current Firefox I'm running (which I have not enabled studies for the recent unpleasantness), studies is disabled on this installation and there were 2 there from long ago. One going back 2 years (it linked to a bug report so I could get a date). Its interesting if they have a ongoing log on your machine if you have it enabled, so you can see what they've done (but I'm still not going to enable it). ;-)

seitsme

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
-
Thanks for the reply. I saw what you mean above. I was just wondering, if i can remove the COMPLETED studies list
via config or other options, so they will not be visible at all in ie completed- finished section, as i dont know if they are still accessible by mozilla

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.