Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayAgostino

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2020
Massachusetts

Varking

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
I am giving Thunderbird a try for the first time and its going to take some getting used to.

Varking

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
What made you switch to Mozilla Thunderbird? Are you enjoying it so far?
I have heard a decent amount about the new changes they made with Supernova or whatever they are calling it and I have never *loved* the standard Apple Mail app. On mobile I tend to use things with better privacy or better features but its hard to find something that respects your privacy and has great features. Spark feels like the king of features but there are privacy concerns. Canary is privacy focused but its buggy. Apple Mail is missing features those offer so its always a tradeoff.

Its a less busy time for me at work around this time of year so I figured lets try something new and a lot of folks seem pretty high on Thunderbird.

JayAgostino

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2020
Massachusetts
I have heard a decent amount about the new changes they made with Supernova or whatever they are calling it and I have never *loved* the standard Apple Mail app. On mobile I tend to use things with better privacy or better features but its hard to find something that respects your privacy and has great features. Spark feels like the king of features but there are privacy concerns. Canary is privacy focused but its buggy. Apple Mail is missing features those offer so its always a tradeoff.

Its a less busy time for me at work around this time of year so I figured lets try something new and a lot of folks seem pretty high on Thunderbird.
IMG_1956.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.