Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stairway

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Is anyone running non-Bootcamp Windows on their MP 7,1 -- say, Windows 11 on a separate NVMe drive? If so, if you are using one of the Apple MPX modules with the Thunderbolt ports, do they work with Windows for display output (using the latest AMD Radeon drivers)? I have heard that the HDMI port works, but being they are all only HDMI 2.0, the max resolution is at 4K.

Regulus67

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2023
Värmland, Sweden
Is anyone running non-Bootcamp Windows on their MP 7,1 -- say, Windows 11 on a separate NVMe drive? If so, if you are using one of the Apple MPX modules with the Thunderbolt ports, do they work with Windows for display output (using the latest AMD Radeon drivers)? I have heard that the HDMI port works, but being they are all only HDMI 2.0, the max resolution is at 4K.
I use Bootcamp.
But... der8auer tested a Radeon Pro W6800x Dual card. He had to use bootcamp drivers, to get it functional.

Stairway

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
I use Bootcamp.
But... der8auer tested a Radeon Pro W6800x Dual card. He had to use bootcamp drivers, to get it functional.

Thanks for the info, but I had already tried that. When I connect via any of the Thunderbolt ports on the MPX or the Mac Pro itself to the XDR display, I can hear the Windows "noise" that something has been connected --- unfortunatley though, nothing displays on the screen. The only port that works is HDMI via an adapter; but since the port is only 2.0, there is no way to get more than 4K resolution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.