Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I'm watching it and had posted in one of the TV threads. I think Gordon-Leavitt is a rather brilliant guy and I'm curious to see where he goes with his creation. The way his panic attack was depicted with the disturbance in the sky was well done. I feel his character and the supporting cast will be revealed in more real, more heartful and humanly weird ways as the series progresses. I love seeing Debra Winger in the show, and because she's picky about parts and chose this one means--I hope at least--she believes in her character and the overall story.

Reactions: AZhappyjack

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I knew it! I've been a fan of Debra Winger and her husband Arliss Howard for a long time, and had a hunch the guy playing Ruth Corman's boyfriend Larry in episode 3 might be Howard. There was something familiar about his smile. Haven't seen Howard in anything for a few years, and he does look a bit different. Sure enough though, a couple of sites confirmed it's an uncredited appearance. I don't read msn normally but it's one of the few sites this bit of trivia came up.

"This argument is all spawned by Josh’s confusion and surprise at finding a strange man named Larry (an uncredited Arliss Howard, AKA Mr. Debra Winger) in his mother’s house, only to learn that this is his mother’s boyfriend, and they've been together for a year."

Alwis

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2017
Same here, I watched three episodes and I am still note sure what to make out od this series. Found it quite boring too, even if the acting is good.

That is the first AppleTV+ series I do not like.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Ambivalently watched the first 3. Started #4 and after 10 minutes thought I was watching the wrong show. Made it to almost ¾ and cut off.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Yes, that odd part of episode 3 made me squirm, so just fast forwarded through it. I think it was an experimental way to reflect his mind's state, but there's a reason I don't want to watch Schmigadoon. I'll pick up again with episode 4 and try to stay with it.

Last edited:

Mercifull

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
Aw man, I'm gutted it wasn't renewed. I had a bit of a mental wobbly myself a few years ago and I'm not far off the age of JGL so it was quite relatable. I loved the surreal elements I think its the kind of show that would have fared better on Channel 4 or BBC2 over here in the UK.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Aw man, I'm gutted it wasn't renewed. I had a bit of a mental wobbly myself a few years ago and I'm not far off the age of JGL so it was quite relatable. I loved the surreal elements I think its the kind of show that would have fared better on Channel 4 or BBC2 over here in the UK.
It's a wierd show, for real. I watched the whole season and I'm not even sure if I liked it or not. The episode centered around Victor was pretty good. I also liked the episode where they go out clubbing with the Influencer dude. The fight scene was really interesting. And the scenes where he's dating Emily were really good too.

But then there are whole episodes where nothing really happens.

Overall, I'm not sure if I would have watched a Season 2. But I do want some closure as well. Oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.