Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Capt Crunch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 26, 2001
Washington, D.C.
How long do I have to wait for MS Office and Photoshop for OSX? They are key programs I need, and I can't move to OSX until I get them.

how long!?!?! I can't wait anymore!

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Office 10

Office 10 looks like it is pretty far along. I hope they dont rush it like MS does for their windows products... they allways need tones of patching within the first few weeks. Some times the produtcs stop the internet like with Code Red. I would rather wait for a good product. Like Office 2001... that was a pritty good product. As for PhotoShop. I would love to seen it soon. I have only heard of it still being in the first stages of development. It well be great once it takes advantage of the way that OS X handles memory allocation. In classic you have to hord RAM and manualy allocate it to PS. But then the All that wonderfull RAM you have is not that usefull for anything when your not using PS. Dont get me wrong.. RAM is a good thing. I just cant wait till I can take full advantage of the 1.25Gb of RAM I have in OS X.

I am waiting too!

Capt Crunch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 26, 2001
Washington, D.C.
See thats the thing. I got a dual 800 mofo with cinematic display but I want to run OSX on it. I can't though, until I have these 2 programs. I don't want to have to flip back and forth between the two.

I hope it's not too long, cause school starts soon, and I want to swith before I get too far along...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.