Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sevimli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
ChiTown
It has been over 2 months since I got my MBP. I have to use MS office for making posters, presentations etc. But it is extremely slow, not smooth! I have a power point file, i really cannot drag pictures in it, it just hangs, sometimes freezes. It really is annoying me. Almost same for the WORD files. Cannot smoothly edit/read word files. scrolling down is taking forever :(

I've tried everything, nothing changed. Like fresh installation of OS and office. Disk defragmentation, disk utility etc.

Am i missing something here???

PS. my mbp is a 2.4SR 4gb ram.

sevimli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
ChiTown
Office is not a universal application, so it's an old powerPC app running under rosetta.

That'll make it slow.

Thanks, but I do know it, I used the same ms office on a macbook 1.83ghz, it wasn't like that.

Also all the professors and lecturers use it, so if it is always like this, how can they bear with it?:confused:

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
You have something badly wrong with your OS or your Office installation, Can't tell from here what it is.

Suggest stripping out every trace of Office, and then reinstalling it from the CDs.

Oh - Also try removing each of your RAM modules in turn and running with just one, to see if it is bad RAM. Run Apple Hardware Test.

sevimli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
ChiTown
You have something badly wrong with your OS or your Office installation, Can't tell from here what it is.

Suggest stripping out every trace of Office, and then reinstalling it from the CDs.

Oh - Also try removing each of your RAM modules in turn and running with just one, to see if it is bad RAM. Run Apple Hardware Test.

Thanks alot,
Actually i did almost eveything you said except removing&testing ram modules.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.