Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Adobe Warring

Adobe WARNING!!

before installing illustrator 9 or Photoshop 6.0 cut off your connection.

Then go into System Folder > Application Support > Adobe > Web : and then compress the following files :

AdobeOnline Inventory
Adoberegistrationeng.html or Adoberegistrationenu.html
AdobeWeb.dll
AOM

As recently reported by MacInTouch, these modules send your registration name and number directly to Adobe.

http://www.macintouch.com/illustrator9part3.html#sep14

Make sure to read the privacy statement by Adobe. This is where they inform you of the registration number being sent.

Foocha

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2001
London
Office v.X bugs

I've been using Office v.X for a week now, and overall I'm very happy with it. I have encountered several issues with it:

- Links from PowerPoint documents to local HTML files do not work properly. When you click through, IE is launched, but the document is not displayed. The only work around I've found is to put the HTML documents in the sites folder and access them via Web sharing using http://127.0.0.1/~username
- Spell check is very slow in all Office apps - it takes as long as 30 seconds for the red underlining to appear or disappear. This was almost instantaneous in the previous release.
- The buttons on the toolbar in Entourage sometimes mysteriously appear highlighted for no apparent reason
- File names are restricted to the old 32 characters

Considering the work that must have been involved in porting to OS X, Microsoft have done an excellent job, but I am suprise they released it with this many bugs. Has anyone else encountered problems with Office v.X?

evildead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
yes

I have noticed some of the same problems. The spell check and the vanishing buttons. It still need a little work but over all I would agree.. its not bad. I have not done any real work in Powerpoint so I cant report anything.

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
Dont ask but...

"1) before installing illustrator9 or photoshop6 disconnect from your internet connection.
2) Go to System Folder > Application Support > Adobe > Web and compress and delete the ".sit" text or alias and delete the "alias" text the following files:

• AdobeOnline Inventory
• Adoberegistrationeng.html or Adoberegistrationenu.html
• AdobeWeb.dll
• AOM

trash or move the original files to a backup location

As noted in MacInTouch, these modules send your registration name and number to Adobe.

http://www.macintouch.com/illustrator9part3.html#sept14

Make sure you read the privacy statement by Adobe. This is where they inform you of your registration number being sent."
-quest

evildead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Im comfused

AmbitiousLemon, didnt I post that same thing a few posts ago? maybe thats why you said not to ask

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.