Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
Anyone found any reviews on this laptop yet? It honestly looks right up my alley for what I’m looking for. 3.7lbs, aluminum build, i7 tiger lake, RTX 2060 etc

Thysanoptera

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
It looks like GS65, you can look up my post history, going from initially being impressed to sad realization of its shortcomings. They supposedly fixed the asymmetrical CPU heat plate mount in GS66, but I'm not sure if that transfers over to m15. I have Ice Lake laptop as my main now, and I like it a lot, Tiger Lake can only be better, honestly I'm also looking at it, but the bad experience with GS65 kind of lowers my enthusiasm.

The aluminum chassis is stamped from a paper thin sheet, with lots of holes, it is not machined like macbooks or razer. You can destroy it with your bare hands, it bends so much under own weight that fans start rattling if you hold it one handed. Plastic inserts riveted to it that squeak when you apply pressure (like typing). My main beef was huge differential between core temperatures because there were only 3 screws holding the heat plate over CPU, getting progressively worse over time. If you buy it make sure you buy it from a place with good return policy.

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
It looks like GS65, you can look up my post history, going from initially being impressed to sad realization of its shortcomings. They supposedly fixed the asymmetrical CPU heat plate mount in GS66, but I'm not sure if that transfers over to m15. I have Ice Lake laptop as my main now, and I like it a lot, Tiger Lake can only be better, honestly I'm also looking at it, but the bad experience with GS65 kind of lowers my enthusiasm.

The aluminum chassis is stamped from a paper thin sheet, with lots of holes, it is not machined like macbooks or razer. You can destroy it with your bare hands, it bends so much under own weight that fans start rattling if you hold it one handed. Plastic inserts riveted to it that squeak when you apply pressure (like typing). My main beef was huge differential between core temperatures because there were only 3 screws holding the heat plate over CPU, getting progressively worse over time. If you buy it make sure you buy it from a place with good return policy.
Thanks for the heads up, luckily im not in any rush to buy so I’m hoping to see some proper reviews for it come out. It’s a very compelling combo and ticks off a lot of boxes so I hope some reviewers are eager to check it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.