Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
My Mac Pro (specs in sig) runs El Capitan beautifully. It's amazing that it is this noticeable on this machine and is much improved over Yosemite. Can't wait for the final release.

Reactions: Zarniwoop

myxomatosis

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2012
Montréal
I'm still using my old mid-2012 Retina MacBook Pro (the 2.3GHz model with 16GB or RAM). So far so good, everything feels faster and more responsive than with Yosemite.

And the best part is... I only have one app that doesn't work so far amongst all the apps I use

I remember last year when I installed the first Yosemite Developer Beta: That same computer was barely usable (Slow, crashes, many incompatible apps, connectivity problems, etc.)... El Capitan is clearly a better, more stable product, even in its current beta form

I'll use it as my daily driver without any fear. OS X finally feels as fast as Windows 8.1 on my laptop! I'm happy

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2009
West coast, Finland
Much improved on my MacBook Pro too. And mine is an old one. Early 2011. No SSD and 4 GB RAM.
So you have Radeon 6490M or 6750M GPU? Although it doesn't matter really because both support currently openGL 4.1 and openCL 1.2, which, I believe, are the minimum requirements for Metal.

culb0743

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2013
I'm still using my old mid-2012 Retina MacBook Pro (the 2.3GHz model with 16GB or RAM). So far so good, everything feels faster and more responsive than with Yosemite.

And the best part is... I only have one app that doesn't work so far amongst all the apps I use

I remember last year when I installed the first Yosemite Developer Beta: That same computer was barely usable (Slow, crashes, many incompatible apps, connectivity problems, etc.)... El Capitan is clearly a better, more stable product, even in its current beta form

I'll use it as my daily driver without any fear. OS X finally feels as fast as Windows 8.1 on my laptop! I'm happy

Just curious, do you have transparency enabled and default contrast settings?

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
I've never really felt that Yosemite was slow on my machine to begin with, so I initially didn't notice a huge improvement- nor did I go looking for it. But after reading this thread, I decided to use Finder for a bit. WOW, it's seriously impressive! Window resizing and scrolling used to be embarrassingly slow, but now it's (sorry for the cliche) buttery smooth. Extremely impressed with whatever Apple has done to accomplish this.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
Any reports on the performance on older MacBooks (2008/2009) with integrated graphics? Is it more bearable than Yosemite? ;p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.