Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lrnzmr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2017
Hi all,

Upfront I already want to thank you to keep on reading this unstructured ramble, I dearly need your help.
Since basically having my iPhone 13 I have had intermittently? problems with one of the mics, since (I think) a drop. Apple Support has not been that helpful and the region I live in is not well supported, so I wanna ensure the problem is hardware related before losing it three weeks to an apple reseller.
What is the problem? For example, when I use my phone on speakerphone during a whatsapp call (at home), the person on the other end hears me muffled until I switch to the normal set-up (ear to phone), then the sound is apparently clear. This happens on Wi-Fi and cellular (4G). The same happens for messenger. Also when I have my beats fit pro connected and try to make a voice message, the sound is terrible, really. When I disconnect the earbuds, the voice message is clear.
Just now, a colleague called me on speakerphone with my phone (me listening to his phone) thru facetime and normal phone call, both sounded normal.
The apple support tests (making videos with front and back camera show no muffled sound).
Do you guys have further testing protocols to pindown the problem?
I just realized I should probably try to make a earbud connected voice memo in another app, but then I am not sure the same mic is being activated... Same goes for other apps... Wouldn't it be weird if the problems are only isolated to whatsapp and messenger, unless they activate the same mic and other apps tend to use others? The problem persists after multiple software updates.

Thanks in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.