Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marty_Macfly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 26, 2020
Hi All,

Just got my AW6 and set it up :D

Nice watch, everything works fine except, damn the luck, my most used app - “Multi Timer”. I’ve used it for years, so happy with it, that I paid the £5.99 for it this year

However.... not working on the AW6! I get the below message. Something no one wants to see!

2 Questions:

Q1) I’ve paid for this app. If i uninstall a Apple app and re-install - do I have to pay the fee again? (Not that cheap, and more the principle!)

Q2) If re-installs are not free by default, how do I contact the developer/App owner? I‘ve gone through App Store etc. and cannot For the life of me work out how to get an email address etc.

1602326427025.jpeg

Below is the App details:

1602326490426.jpeg

Last edited:

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
You absolutely should not have to pay for the app ever again assuming it’s a one off purchase and it’s used with the same Apple ID. You can uninstall it and reinstall it as many times as you like under the same Apple ID.

Reactions: Marty_Macfly

Marty_Macfly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 26, 2020
You absolutely should not have to pay for the app ever again assuming it’s a one off purchase and it’s used with the same Apple ID. You can uninstall it and reinstall it as many times as you like under the same Apple ID.

Hi S,

Many thanks for the sanity check.

The app is now working. It must have been taking its time to load onto the watch.

I feel the error message is a bit draconian. It should have said something like “Still loading data. Please try again later“

The app is brilliant, fully recommend it to anyone, even as the free version

Cheers
Martin

Reactions: StumpyBloke

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
To answer you #1 question. Once you pay for an app, you don't buy it again unless you use different Apple ID. So once you pay for the app, it's yours. If you delete the app and re-search it in the App Store, you just have the cloud logo with the arrow, just hit that and it will just install it without charging you again.

Reactions: Marty_Macfly
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.