Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blubox

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
Earth
Do you think anyone will ever develop a game that can be played with two or more iPhones or iPod Touches?

Thanks for your time.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
I know you can play Apple's Hold 'em game with other iPhone/iPod Touch users. You just need to be on the same internet connection.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I know you can play Apple's Hold 'em game with other iPhone/iPod Touch users. You just need to be on the same internet connection.

Same with Battle at Sea. My brother and I have been playing together the past couple of days.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I heard that Scrabble may be implementing this feature in a future update, but I'm not sure when.

mattmccarty

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Collins,GA
3-D Vector Pong has multiplayer support. A new update should be out soon to fix some of the problems in the game.

Its pretty fun to play and worth the price.

App Store Link

Update: Just talked to the developer and the update has been submitted to Apple, any day now before its released.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
There is another texas holdem poker game called multiplayer championship poker or something like that by realdice which allows for multiplayer over the internet via edge/3g signal/wifi. This means you can play against anyone else with the game from your cell signal.

I like it because you can play not only against other iphone owners but anyone else on any other cell phone. I was playing against someone with a blackberry and a windows mobile device the other night.

The apple holdem games is tops as far as graphics is concerned but multiplayer championship poker is great for playing against real people. It also has ring games (cash game style which is a different playing style from tournament play), tournaments play, and sit and gos (single table tourneys which is different playing style from multi table tourneys). So in terms of depth and breadth, multiplayer championship poker is tops.

There is a bug in the program however where in the ring games if you are heads up against one opponent, the button is the big blind and acts last pre-flop when in fact the button should be the small blind and act first pre-flop. For any serious holdem player, this is a big deal. I informed the developer and got a response within a day that they would fix it in the next version.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
there are two connect four games in the app store. one allows for random matches online (wifi, 3g or edge), while the other lets you play with other iphone/ipod users within the same wireless network.

ianegordon

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2008
Versus Chess

Versus Chess supports two player games via EDGE, 3G or Wi-Fi.
In fact, it requires it. (All games are played online)

blubox

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
Earth
I was wondering if we could revive this thread and list more multiplayer games that have come out.

Crevice

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2008
Galcon has multiplayer and so does Asphalt Racing...But I have never gotten Asphalt to work

JimmyJawn

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2008
NJ
Scramboni is a free word puzzle game that is a constant online match. It runs 3 big games (at staggered difficulty settings) so it puts you in the same match as your friends. We have a good time with four iPhones taunting eachother during matches and whatnot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.