Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2017
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Does using a couple of Bluetooth connections at the same time affect audio quality?

I have my iPhone 11 connected to my car stereo for Spotify, and to a diagnostics dongle at the same time.

Does this reduce the bandwidth available and therefore sound quality?

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
No, having multiple connections will not reduce the available bandwidth for audio. Bluetooth works by having a fixed overall bandwidth with a fixed number of channels. As such, each channel has a fixed bandwidth, so having multiple Bluetooth connections at once won’t decrease the bandwidth of any other connection, even if they’re sending unique information to the different connections

Reactions: Helmsley

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2017
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
No, having multiple connections will not reduce the available bandwidth for audio. Bluetooth works by having a fixed overall bandwidth with a fixed number of channels. As such, each channel has a fixed bandwidth, so having multiple Bluetooth connections at once won’t decrease the bandwidth of any other connection, even if they’re sending unique information to the different connections

Cheers man.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.