Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattcooper

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Bargara
Hey Guys
I have multiple devices
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • iPad 7th Gen
  • Apple TV
All purchased during the free year of Apple TV + however whenever I go into the app it only offers 7 days free.

i was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if it’s because I have two AppleIDs one for purchases and iCloud because of the old Mobile Me days and Apple never merging them.

thanks
matt

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Does sound like the 2 IDs is the issue. The free year will be tied to the Apple ID used to activate your devices (I'm assuming your iCloud account, whereas the app will be tied to other iTunes and App Store ID).

Might be worth reaching out to Apple Support.

In the meantime, try logging into https://tv.apple.com/ with the other ID and try activating from there. You might also be able to add a new user to your Apple TV with the other ID. Would mean switching back and forth though without a seamless up next queue so not ideal and neither presents a long term solution for your iOS devices.

Don't know much about family sharing but maybe this could work across the 2 IDs.

Hope that helps a little

Reactions: mattcooper

loekf

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2015
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hey Guys
I have multiple devices
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • iPad 7th Gen
  • Apple TV
All purchased during the free year of Apple TV + however whenever I go into the app it only offers 7 days free.

i was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if it’s because I have two AppleIDs one for purchases and iCloud because of the old Mobile Me days and Apple never merging them.

thanks
matt

See my other post in the sticky thread.

You have to call Apple Support.

After two hours.....

They gave me an Apple gift code, which I had to redeem and now its all ok.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
It will be linked to the same account you use for AppStore purchases, the same thing happened to me. The TV app was only showing me a 1 week free trial option. But, when I actually clicked on a show to watch, that’s when it came up with the free year offer. Today, after I’d already done the offer yesterday, I finally got a notification on my iPhone to accept the one year trial, even though I’d already completed it yesterday.

I think they’re just hitting various issues with it at the moment, probably the sheer volume of people hammering the servers.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
As long as your new device is signed in for the same Apple ID used for media and purchases that you use on the ATV and app you should see the offer. I use two Apple IDs/iCloud accounts as well. I'm logged into iTunes and the media and app store purchases with the secondary account. I signed up on the ATV(box) and later saw a number badge on the ATV app on my phone and iPad. Launching them I was all set up on them as well.

mattcooper

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Bargara
Yeah definitely using my Apple ID for purchases from App Store on this one. Hmm thanks for everyone’s feedback! ? I’ll give Apple a call tomorrow!

mattcooper

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Bargara
SOLVED: Thought id post a reply that might help other users out.

So I tried getting my free year on all three devices with no luck.... unitl I logged onto the website https://tv.apple.com/au using a PC. It made me log in with my AppleID that I use for store purchases and "BOOM!" It offered me the year free!
Hope this helps other people in the same situation as I was.

Reactions: Mr.C and johnyslats
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.