Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guicane

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
London, UK
Hey all, hoping someone here can shed a light on this issue. Vodafone and Apple deny any problems are their end and I'm running out of ideas.

This issue started months ago and I have been putting up with it as restarting the phone normally makes it work but it's not convenient to do that.

Basically the issue is that I will receive a phone call and 2 things can happen:
- I pick up and the timer stays at 00:00 so the call doesn't connect and from there I can only hang up the call.
- I pick up the call and the same call comes through multiple times until the phone freezes a minute or so later I am able to hang up the stuck incoming call. I'll include a video so it makes sense.

I have tried eSIM and 2 different SIM cards on this iPhone 12 Pro Max, same thing happens with all of those.

I have an iPhone 8 for work also on Vodafone so testing my work SIM on the 12 Pro Max I am able to receive calls. If I move my SIM card to the work phone I am also able to receive calls.

Took the phone to apple, they ran multiple tests and said it couldn't be replaced as their tests all passed fine.

When this happens I'm still able to use mobile data on 4G and 5G.

Sometimes the phone will also refuse to make outgoing calls and it will just show call failed instantly when I press the dial button.

Restarting the phone fixes that until it stops again randomly and won't work again until phone is restarted (even airplane mode seems to not do the trick).

Here's a video of the issue:

Any help would be immensely apreciated.

mdoc

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2021
Did you find a solution to the problem? I have exactly the same issue with my iPhone 12 Pro max

Reactions: guicane

guicane

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
London, UK
Did you find a solution to the problem? I have exactly the same issue with my iPhone 12 Pro max
Hey! I never found an official solution but I have posted this in multiple iPhone related subreddits and one person replied saying he had the same issue and it turned out it was something to do with the network, he changed to another and never had an issue again. What network are you using?

https://www.reddit.com/r/iphonehelp/comments/p7bd20
My 12 month contract is due in September so I’ll be moving away from Vodafone and seeing if that resolves the problem.

I have formatted the phone one last time and for 2 weeks I haven’t had the issue yet which is unusual so I’m monitoring the situation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.