Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gta1216

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2018
I'm trying to setup Siri on a relative's iPhone. The phone language is set to English, but she prefer to use Cantonese (Hong Kong) when using Siri. Is that possible? Most of the phone contacts are in English, with a handful in Chinese character.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
My recommendation is to turn it all off. Siri struggles with her native language English. She isn't very fluent in Cantonese

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
I'm trying to setup Siri on a relative's iPhone. The phone language is set to English, but she prefer to use Cantonese (Hong Kong) when using Siri. Is that possible? Most of the phone contacts are in English, with a handful in Chinese character.

It would appear that Siri doesn't do Chinese voice despite being able to input Cantonese(Hong Kong) feature using Siri & Search function.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Siri just can’t do multi language. Worse, it cannot distinguish Japanese and Chinese when Chinese character is present, as many Japanese words include Chinese characters. It’s beyond terrible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.