Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dshah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2018
I have a new Macbook Pro 2017 , 15" TB, which happen to be my first Macbook.
I need to connect 3 monitors with extended display:

1 x HDMI
1 x VGA ( or 2)
1 x DVI

Is there any hub which can support it? I am actually a bit confused if I can attach 2 display devices on same USB-C port using any hub? or should I buy different cables to achieve this setup?

Thanks for any guidance.

Glockworkorange

Suspended
Feb 10, 2015
Chicago, Illinois

1 x HDMI
1 x VGA ( or 2)
1 x DVI

Is there any hub which can support it? I am actually a bit confused if I can attach 2 display devices on same USB-C port using any hub? or should I buy different cables to achieve this setup?

Thanks for any guidance.
Hmmm

I don't believe you can attach two monitors to the same port. You do have four ports, so perhaps with the right three adapters you can do it.

Best of luck!

SymeonArgyrus

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2018

1 x HDMI
1 x VGA ( or 2)
1 x DVI

Thanks for any guidance.

I'm not sure what you can do for the VGA - I've only seen adapters with one VGA port, but you can do two displays per thunderbolt channel, using a specific adapter. I am a big fan of OWC, and they have a two HDMI or two DVI thunderbolt adapter that they have been advertising recently (OWC's creatively named "Thunderbolt 3 Dual Display Adapter"). If you need DVI, you can do the dual HDMI, and add an HDMI to DVI cable.

Hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.