Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ALLJackedUP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I currently have a 17" 1920x1200 MacBook Pro which has one single DVI output and I have 2x 24" Dell monitors 1920x1200. What I want to do is use my MacBooks 17" screen as the primary monitor and have the 2 24" monitors on the sides so one on each side. Is this possible with Matrox's Dual Head 2 Go? also is there any other solutions I could use thats good or is this the best product to use? Any info would be helpful

krisis1

macrumors member
May 13, 2007
I think the Matrox solution is the only available device that allows for this. Google it, I came across someone who used it with a Mac.

mankar4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2007
USA
shoot son, you could pasture a cow on all that surface.

I have my mbp + 1 24" dell (2407wfp), which is amazing enough for me. you are going to have a killer set up. just out of curiosity, what are you going to be using it all for?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
2 24" monitors on the sides so one on each side. Is this possible with Matrox's Dual Head 2 Go?

This is not possible with this setup. The way the Dual Head 2 Go works is that it makes the two external screens appear as 1 large, very wide screen to the computer. So you cannot put a screen in the middle of them and have the mouse pointer etc work as you'd expect.

The only way you are going to get this to work is with some sort of additional graphics card via the ExpressCard slot. At this stage I am not aware of any in production with Mac drivers.

ALLJackedUP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Thats what I figured, the way Ive seen most Dual Head 2 Go setups use multiple monitors on either side not both. So I think even if I went with this I could only use either 3 setups 2x 24" on the side of my mac, 2x 24" only and mac closed, or single 24" and my mac. Don't think the way I want will work unless anyone has done this and verified?

coren2000

macrumors member
May 16, 2007
Might I suggest

Might I suggest that you have a large "upper" screen (made of two dell monitors), and a "lower" screen consisting of your single laptop monitor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.