Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrew.fenner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2017
Hello

I have created a multiple output set up on my mac so that I can output digital and line outputs. The digital goes to my amp and onto my speakers and the line goes to a set of PPM meters ( I do a lot of video editing). However the line output of the mac is not strong enough to drive the PPM's so, I need to use Boom 2. I then use tone to calibrate my PPM's.

The problem is that I can't seem to have both Boom and the digital output working simultaneously as when I switch boom on, the digital output distorts. Sometimes when Boom is selected, I can't select the multi output either. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

andrew.fenner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2017
OS Sierra (10.12.6). I have Sound Flower installed, will that boost the volume though?

orph

macrumors 68000
Dec 12, 2005
UK
have you looked at 'audio midi setup.app' in the utility folder, i think you can make a new sound device with both outputs which might solve one turning off when you use it.
or depending on the app it may be a setting in the preferences, CS6 PP was always a pain with audio outputs :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.