Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

homintern

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2013
I see a lot of messages about iMessage going inadvertently to two numbers and advice given on how to fix that. What I want is advice on how to add a second number to iMessage (and maybe a third ...)

Use Case.I have one iPhone. I have a cell phone number in country A. I have a (different) cell phone number in country B. When I cross over from country A to country B I want any iMessage received at the country A cell phone number to be visible on my iPhone even though I'm using the cell phone number for country B (separate SIM cards on GSM networks)

Is this possible and if so how? If I access Control Panel: Messages: Send & Receive I can only add an email address not a cell phone number. When I replace the SIM card the single phone number changes automatically :confused:

bloutrein

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Durban
Question: do you switch your SIM card in one and the same iPhone each time you go from country A to country B?

I would say what you are trying to achieve is doable with two iPhones, and note with a single one only.

bloutrein

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Durban
Why not get iMessages sent to your email address then it doesn't matter what SIM you are using?

Indeed, I was going to suggest this. On top of that, you can use more than one email address and have it linked to an Apple account/iMessage.

DavidC2005

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2017
Sorry to dig up an old forum post. Has anyone had any experience of this issue with Truphone's international mobile plans with multiple numbers? I've had this issue before when switching cards, but obviously hard to know for sure whether this would still be an issue on this type of plan?

There's no mention of it on Truphone's website, but then I guess it is a pretty niche issue. FYI. this is their international mobile plans page. Note: I'm not looking for imessage as a way to save on roaming fees, I want to make sure that messages come through when they should with no iMessage glitching.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.