Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imLebaneez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
Hellooooo this is my first post and thread on macrumors, loving the site:D
So I bought an iPhone 4S 16 GB factory unlocked brand new, and I had a 3GS before it, so kinda knew it's stuff. I jailbroke the phone and put some of my favorite tweaks and those, but the first thing that annoyed me about my phone was hearing the message alert like twice when a notification pops up. Only the tritone. It plays like 0.1 second of it then plays the whole thing, which drives me crazy :confused: Anyway it's happening for every notification of every app: messages, iMessage, whatsapp, viber, twitter... Once it played 0.1 second of the tritone 5 times in a row then played the full one. Is this because of the jailbreak? :p please help... thanks :D

Last edited:

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
Hellooooo this is my first post and thread on macrumors, loving the site:D
So I bought an iPhone 4S 16 GB factory unlocked brand new, and I had a 3GS before it, so kinda knew it's stuff. I jailbroke the phone and put some of my favorite tweaks and those, but the first thing that annoyed me about my phone was hearing the message alert like twice when a notification pops up. Only the tritone. It plays like 0.1 second of it then plays the whole thing, which drives me crazy :confused: Anyway it's happening for every notification of every app: messages, iMessage, whatsapp, viber, twitter... Once it played 0.1 second of the tritone 5 times in a row then played the full one. Is this because of the jailbreak? :p please help... thanks :D

Did this happen before you jailbroke it? Restore it back to stock and then add new tweaks one at a time to help you figure out which one is causing the issue.

imLebaneez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
Did this happen before you jailbroke it? Restore it back to stock and then add new tweaks one at a time to help you figure out which one is causing the issue.

I knew this could be the only way but I decided to take the hard way: disabling every add-on of every tweak from cydia until it works, and well... it worked! :D
Turns out I had to remove iProtect, which 100% fixed my problem.
Thanks for your suggestion anyway.
Can't believe my first thread got moved :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.