Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acidburn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
I have an iPhone 8. I have been noticing since the summer that when I am in a call on speaker or headset and I try to look at another app the call either loses quality or I can no longer hear the other person. I am able to go back to the call and can hear them again although there is usually a lag. It's a pain, sometimes it is necessary to do that.
Is this a multitasking issue? I don't have a ton of other apps open, I'm pretty frugal with keeping stuff closed if I don't need it.
This issue along with the frequent charging I have been doing since working from home has required me to talk on my phone so much is making me think about upgrading. I know the battery issue will be fixed but I want to make sure that this multitasking issue will be better. I do know someone with a XS who does not have this problem.
I tried researching this and the only thing I found was regarding resetting RAM which I tried and we'll see if it works. But whether or not one should do that seems to be controversial.

Rollomat93

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2020
I have an iPhone 7 and can do Multitasking when I am in a call without any problems. maybe A restart will help? Otherwise I would contact the apple support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.