Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kay_Ess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2022
Hello!

I have Apple Music and people tell me that it doesn’t contain playlists because you have to ask Siri to make one every time.

How does that work?

For example I was watching the Fallout series on Prime and I asked Siri to make a playlist containing songs played in Fallout 4. It didn’t understand me at all. Eventually I got an album containing some songs, but that’s of course not what I wanted. Or just now I heard a song that reminded me of GTA Vice City so I asked it to make a playlist based on the radio station Emotion 98.3. Let’s just say Siri didn’t know there were English words in my sentence.

Can someone maybe give me examples of what I should ask Siri to get the results I wanted? I don’t mind setting everything to English to test this function, by the way.

Thanks!
K.

Kay_Ess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2022
I found the best solution: canceling the subscription and going back to Spotify.

The focus of Apple Music isn’t my focus. I like the Classical app but I like playlists way better.

Maybe Apple Music will be fun again when Siri gets smarter. Or they just add basic functionality lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.