Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
On my old MacPro iTunes would sync fine with iPhone 14 both via cable and wifi - Now with Sonoma and my Mac Mini Pro it just wont on either connection - it just hangs and hangs - saying syncing in iTunes and backup in Finder but never gets anywhere...

I saw this but it didnt help t all -

I tried iMazing on demo and it worked absolutely fine syncing everything but I am loathe to spend any more money on almost 2k of hardware to get something so basic to work !

Any ideas ?

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
Randomly I just rebooted and its there working like it should - I dont like to restart as this Mini doesnt restart my monitor correctly each time I restart so I have to unplug and plug back in the USB C to my 4k Lenovo monitor which is another bug....

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
Still find it annoying I have to restart each time I want to alter my iTunes which is almost daily as I have over 60k tracks in my iTunes - I will contact Apple support later in the week as its completely unacceptable that flagship apps and hardware are so incompatible !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.