Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Confuzzeled23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to see if anyone is also suffering from this same issue. When I play music via the Music app be it Apple Music or iTunes purchased music. It will be playing all fine. I turn off the screen. Music continues to play. However, then it will go silent for roughly 10 seconds. The song will still be playing, but nothing being output and then it will start outputting sound again. It will do this when the music is coming from the iPhone speaker and even a bluetooth speaker. It will do it once and then play normally. But at times if I unlock my phone, change a track etc. and lock the phone again... it will play and then do the same thing, go silent and then start outputting sound again while missing about 10 seconds of the song. It seems to have something to do with when the screen shuts off.

Wondering if this has been a known bug people have been dealing with?

Also, sometimes when it continues playing again the audio is very crackly and skips.

I currently am using an iPhone 6 128GB bought in 2014.

Thanks for any assistance.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Have you tried resetting your phone yet? (Home button + lock button until you see the Apple logo)

Confuzzeled23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Yes I have. No luck. The issue continues to persist. I just haven’t tried a full wipe & restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.