Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zamoht

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
Searched the forum but didn't find anything useful...

Are there any changes in iOS 12 to the Music app and Apple Music?

Reactions: LoveToMacRumors

stoopkidblues

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2014
There are “slight” changes but I know people are looking for another overhaul and I don’t think we’ll see that until iOS 13.

The minor changes are welcomed though if that helps lol (3D Touch on nowplaying/albums/songs is much faster and works properly with a smoother animation, changes to Artist pages in AM, etc.)

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I wish they would just fix the display of Classical track names (or other really long track names) so they wrap to a second line (like Amazon Music does) rather than have a ... so you don't have to guess what track you want. This is the only thing that really irritates me about the app.

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
I think that it’s possible they’ll get rid of iTunes and will make a new Music app which will be ported to macOS in the same way they did with News, Stocks and Voice Memos. But we’ll see...

stoopkidblues

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2014
I wish they would have a section for radio stations (FM stations) so I wouldn’t need iHeart or TuneIn and include Podcasts in the Music app.

I wish they would just fix the display of Classical track names (or other really long track names) so they wrap to a second line (like Amazon Music does) rather than have a ... so you don't have to guess what track you want. This is the only thing that really irritates me about the app.

I’ve said before that I think Apple should just make one catch-all music app with iTunes and Podcasts and Radio tied into it, but so many people complain about bloating that I think this is their best alternative. To me having all these separate apps is more confusing but I have to remember not everyone wants to use AM or some users only want Podcasts and some people only purchase music so I don’t really know what the fix would be. Guess you can’t really please everyone but Spotify seems to do a decent job with it so it can’t be *that* difficult lol

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
If you go to an artist page you’ll notice larger art but that’s it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.