Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kwetal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2021
Since upgrading to Big Sur the Music app has started cutting off the first few seconds of songs -- on the computer and also on the iOS devices it syncs to. I've tried all fresh downloads, I've tried a new library, I've tried a new user. (I do NOT have "Crossfade" enabled.) I am wondering if there is some problem with the "Gapless Playback Information feature it runs when I import songs, and if I can somehow fix this?

At the same time, I use folders to keep my playlists organized in Music - since upgrading to Big Sur the Music app can't recognize anything in a folder, and won't sync playlists from within folders to iOS devices. (For example I'll have a file called "Rock" and each rock artist has a playlist within that folder. Now the "Rock" folder says it contains no items, although if I open it all the playlists are still there -- but won't be synced to the iPhone or iPod.)

I hate this app. But mostly I just want my songs to play in full, starting at their very beginnings! Anyone have any ideas??

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.