Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unsynaps

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Baltimore, MD
This is something that is really rubbing me the wrong way. Especially with "The Metallica Collection".

If you downloaded any song from iTMS then altered its tags then uploaded the song to your device (with iOS 7) it completely ignores your changes and uses the ones from the store.

Now this would not be a ehh, major problem with most songs but this is a royal PITA with "The Metallica Collection". Because of the horrible way this set is tagged on the phone in album view ALL the disks show up under a single entry called "The Metallica Collection" even tho I had fixed this and it shows up properly in iTunes.

This is NOT an issue in iOS 6 (from what I remember). I only have my old iPad 1 to test which is stuck in iOS 5.2 and displays the tags as they show in iTunes.

Want to test it? Find any song in iTunes that you bought fron iTMS. Rename the title or album. Transfer to your iOS 7 device. Go 'WTF?' as you notice it does not respect the changes.

CapeCodKid

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
This is something that is really rubbing me the wrong way. Especially with "The Metallica Collection".

If you downloaded any song from iTMS then altered its tags then uploaded the song to your device (with iOS 7) it completely ignores your changes and uses the ones from the store.

Now this would not be a ehh, major problem with most songs but this is a royal PITA with "The Metallica Collection". Because of the horrible way this set is tagged on the phone in album view ALL the disks show up under a single entry called "The Metallica Collection" even tho I had fixed this and it shows up properly in iTunes.

This is NOT an issue in iOS 6 (from what I remember). I only have my old iPad 1 to test which is stuck in iOS 5.2 and displays the tags as they show in iTunes.

Want to test it? Find any song in iTunes that you bought fron iTMS. Rename the title or album. Transfer to your iOS 7 device. Go 'WTF?' as you notice it does not respect the changes.
I posted a fix for this that may help you. Click here and scroll down a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.