Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichardF

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
New York City
I spent some time reading through older threads and posts.

At the time of my posting this thread, Apple still haven't given us back the ability to only show the music I have on my phone.

1) Anyone knows how to if indeed it is possible again (used to be)?

2) Delete/ hide in bulk music that's associated with my Apple ID iTunes purchases so it doesn't show up in the Music App in iOS?

Thank you.A

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
Under downloaded music. Done.

Can't delete or hide anything. You can hide Apple Music connect though.

Attachments

• IMG_3476.jpg
    IMG_3476.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: RichardF

peterpayne

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2017
I spent some time reading through older threads and posts.

At the time of my posting this thread, Apple still haven't given us back the ability to only show the music I have on my phone.

1) Anyone knows how to if indeed it is possible again (used to be)?

2) Delete/ hide in bulk music that's associated with my Apple ID iTunes purchases so it doesn't show up in the Music App in iOS?

Thank you.A

No need to use "Downloaded Music" if you don't want to.

You can hide iTunes purchases, so they don't show (but you could unhide them in the future). Here's how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201322

It's super easy once you learn how to do it. I use it a lot - and when I want to unhide a song or an album, I go to my account and do it on "Hidden purchases".

Hope this helps

Reactions: RichardF

RichardF

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
New York City
Thank you so much guys.

I used a combination of both of your suggestions.

It'd be much better if there was a way to hide multiple songs or all at a time. Right now, it's one at a time.
I sent this feedback to Apple.

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
This to me is why "Apple Music" should be a separate app (like Spotify from example) from the Music App. I don't have Apple Music nor do I want it. I only want music on my phone which is from my library on my Mac. The Music App from way back on iOS6 was much simpler and easier to use than what it is now. This is also why I have and still use an iPod Classic.

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
If I understand the discussion here, is this correct:

The only way to get the iOS Music app to show only the song files on your computer that you purposefully sync'd with your iphone is to fiddle with iTunes on your computer? That's the only workaround??

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.